Disability Support Worker
- Well-established Tasmanian owned and operated not for profit organisation
- Challenging and rewarding role with professional development opportunities
- Passionate team committed to maximising client independence
Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports people who are frail, aged or have disability to live the life they choose while living in their home for as long as possible. We dedicate our time to ensuring our client’s quality of life is enhanced by providing the best quality support services to people to maximise their independence. The support we provide is tailored to individual needs and focuses on finding solutions that best suit the person, just like we do with our own families.
About the Role
We are currently working with a number of clients in South-East Tasmania, situated along the beautiful Tasmanian peninsula; and are recruiting passionate and committed Support Workers to provide flexible and person-centred support to people with disabilities and/or mental health challenges in their own homes. The Support Worker is integral in helping participants achieve their goals and aspirations in accordance with their NDIS Plan to experience the life they choose.
Some responsibilities may include:
- practical and physical support as needed for daily personal care and domestic duties;
- support to access and participate in social activities or sport;
- encouragement and support to maintain or further develop independent living skills such as; accessing transport, cooking meals, grocery shopping etc; and
- Administer prescribed medications.
Shifts will vary as client needs change, however we have built extensive rosters for up to 8 workers on a permanent part-time basis. These roles do require overnights awake stays and weekend work, with some shifts rostered from 10pm – 6am.
If this position is ‘ticking all the boxes’ and you meet the below mandatory selection criteria, please apply as soon as possible:
Specifically, we require candidates who possess the following:
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Disability, Aged Care or other relevant qualification;
- A current full Tasmanian C class manual drivers licence, and your own reliable transport;
- Your own mobile phone with a calls and data plan;
- Hoist experience;
- HLTHPS006 Assist Clients with Medication;
- A current First Aid certificate (or the ability to acquire);
- Current manual handling training;
- Current Tasmanian drivers license;
- Current satisfactory National Police check (no greater than 3 years old) and Working with Vulnerable People registration; and
- Be medically fit and physically suited for the full inherent requirements of the job.
How To Apply
For further information or to obtain a copy of the position description and selection criteria please contact Zoey Keleher via email firstname.lastname@example.org [link removed] or on 03 6208 6600 [link removed]
Please click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your resume and covering letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications must be received by COB Monday 8thh March 2021 to be considered for this position. Applications that do not meet the mandatory requirements (selection criteria) or received via email will not be accepted.
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications anticipated, we regret that we are only able to contact those candidates who have been shortlisted. Previous applicants need not apply.
Community Based Support Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?