“Makes a difference to the lives of others”
Does this sound like you? Would you use these words to describe yourself? If so, please keep reading, you might be a perfect addition to this team.
Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports older people and people living with disability to live independently, exactly the way they choose to.
We are currently working with a number of clients living across a range of areas including the Greater Launceston area, George Town, Beaconsfield and Scottsdale. They have asked us to build them a fabulous team of enthusiastic support staff, with a broad set of skills, who can travel to these locations and provide them with the support they need, when they need it… so that’s exactly what we are going to do.
First and foremost, to be chosen for this team, you will need to be reliable and available to work across one or more of the following days and time slots all year round:
- Monday to Sunday
- 6.30am to 1.00pm
- 8.00am to 4.00pm
- 3.00pm to 9.30pm
You will also be able to tick off the following list of ‘Must-Haves’:
- An understanding and commitment to person centred support;
- High levels of respect, integrity and a passion for support work;
- A positive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- Digital literacy;
- A minimum Certificate III in Individual Support, or equivalent, and at least two years’ experience working with people with a disability;
- Current manual handling training;
- A current Tasmanian C class manual drivers licence, and your own reliable transport;
- Your own mobile phone with a calls and data plan;
- Fit enough to undertake the physical requirements of the job;
- A current First Aid certificate (or the ability to acquire); and
- A current Police Check and current Working with Vulnerable People card.
Any skills and experience you have in the following would also be a great advantage to you:
- Mental Health;
- Working with young people;
- Current medication endorsement;
- Supporting people with complex needs.
As part of CBS’ commitment to ongoing professional development, we are willing and able to support successful candidates to gain skills in these areas.
So, if you have ticked all the boxes and you’re looking for somewhere to pursue your passion, apply your initiative and make a difference, CBS is the place for you! We provide a friendly team environment, access to salary packaging, ongoing support to build skills and experience, and the opportunity to contribute to the care and well-being of others.
For a copy of the position description please email us at email@example.com
Your application must include a cover letter that tells us why you would be a great addition to this team, we want to know what makes you tick!
Please send cover letter and your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not use the ‘apply now’ button through Seek – any applicants who do, will not be considered.
Community Based Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?