Do you enjoy being active and meeting new people? Are you passionate about supporting people to live the life they choose?
Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports people who are frail aged or have a disability. We are currently seeking casual Support Workers who are enthusiastic and passionate about providing a caring, respectful and high quality service. We are looking for people to work on the Eastern Shore between Rokeby and Old Beach, and from the Hobart CBS to Granton areas (you don’t have to live there, but you do have to be willing to travel there).
In this meaningful and flexible role, you will:
- Provide a person centred approach to help people achieve their goals and aspirations
- Be reliable and available to work flexible hours, including late evenings and/or weekends
- Work closely with our friendly and supportive Disability Care Team to provide high level coordinated care and support
What you need to have:
As well as being a person-centred super star, you’ll have:
- Passion, Respect & Integrity
- Common sense and life skills
- A positive attitude
- Technical literacy
- Minimum Certificate III in Individual Support (or equivalent) and at least two years experience working with people with a disability
- Current medication endorsement
- Current manual handling training
- Valid Drivers C class manual drivers licence and your own transport
- Have your own mobile phone and data plan
- Must be fit to undertake the physical requirements of providing support
- A current Police Check, Working with Vulnerable People card, and First Aid certificate (or ability to acquire)
What we would also like you to have:
It would also benefit your application if you have any of these:
- Electric wheelchair handling experience
- Non-verbal/communication experience
- Mental Health skills or experience
- Allied Health experience
If you’re looking for somewhere to pursue your passion, apply your initiative and make a difference, CBS is the place for you! We provide a friendly team environment, access to salary packaging, ongoing support to build skills and experience, and the opportunity to contribute to the care and well-being of others.
For a copy of the position description please email Emily email@example.com
Your application must include a cover letter that identifies how you meet the key responsibilities of this role.
We want to know what makes you tick!
Please send cover letter and your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not use the apply now through Seek as these applications will not be considered.
Community Based Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver’s licence?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?