- Work with an experienced team that understand disability and the community sector
- Build on your prior experience as a Support Coordinator to further grow your expertise
- Collaborate with staff and be part of the solution getting the right products to clients
About the location
This role is to be based in a Hobart office with a state-wide approach to providing disability and community services. Travel to the north and northwest and regularly see some of our beautiful Tasmanian backyard!
About the Company
- Currently, in a growth phase, this well respected Not for Profit Hobart based group is looking for a skilled Support Coordinator that can provide positive, upbeat, outcome-based support!
- This group has a commitment to improving health outcomes for keeping individuals able to live independently.
- Providing quality services to Tasmanians since 1988
- This group has plans to expand service capabilities to meet the current demands across Tasmania
Skills Required for the Role
- 1+ year experience working in the disability services sector as a coordinator; prior experience working as a community support worker is advantageous.
- Understanding of the NDIS system including assessing and managing packages
- Have experience working to strict deadlines and able to meet company goals and expectations
- Superior people skills working with clients in their homes, completing detailed assessments and coordinate with your team to deploy service options within program and funding guidelines.
- Excellent team-based approach working with five other Disability Coordinators managing over a hundred disability support workers.
- Report to a centralised manager that wants to see her team succeed!
- Prior experience in stakeholder engagement including the ability to work within principles of government legislation
- Driver’s License will be required for this role
- Current National Police check and Working with Vulnerable People Check
What’s on Offer
- Competitive Industry salary-based role
- Use of company car and access to salary sacrificing as a not for profit facility
- Flexible working hours may be considered for the right applicant
Even Better if
- You have formal qualifications in the disability sector
- You have supervised large multisite teams in a state-wide approach
Ideally this client is looking for a Disability Support Coordinator that can start as soon as possible, up to four weeks away.
Click Apply now to be considered straight away for the role, otherwise please email email@example.com to arrange a time for a discussion and a review of the position description prior to submittal.