Our complaints process
Nov 11, 2021
Community Based Support is committed to providing high quality services to those in need, but sometimes we get it wrong. You can let us know where we have made a mistake by making a complaint. Community Based Support takes all complaints very seriously, and welcomes them as an opportunity to improve the services we provide. This policy informs you of how you can make a complaint, and what to expect when you do.
What can I make a complaint about?
You have a right to complain to Community Based Support, or the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission, or the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission (NDIS Commission) regarding any incident or issue that occurs during the delivery or in connection with our services.
How to make a complaint
You can submit a complaint a number of ways, whichever is the most convenient for you.
Email us: email@example.com
Write to us:
Community Based Support
PO Box 823 Moonah TAS 7009
Our Complaints Procedure
- Our Managers will ensure that we work with you in regards to your concerns. They will discuss with you (and your family/carer/advocate) all the details of the complaint, including the outcomes you would like to see.
- You will receive an acknowledgement of the complaint which will include the expected timeframe for your complaint to be resolved.
- If appropriate, we will conduct an investigation into the circumstances surrounding your complaint.
- You will receive information on the outcomes of your complaint and be given the chance to ask for a review or refer the complaint to the Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission or the NDIS Commission.
- We will use your complaint to review our systems, policies and procedures in order to improve our services.
We are committed to upholding your rights as a service user, including the right to:
- Be free from any reprisal following a complaint, such as any change to, or cancellation of, services.
- Be supported* to report your complaint to the Aged Care Quality & Safety Commission or the NDIS Commission if you are not satisfied with the way we respond to a complaint.
- Be involved in decisions related to resolving a complaint.
- Have your privacy and confidentiality protected.
- Remain anonymous if you choose.
* Contact numbers for Advocacy Services can be found below
Our Obligations to You
For all complaints made to us we will:
- Treat all complainants with dignity and respect.
- Attempt to resolve the issue to the best outcome for all parties.
- Keep you informed of developments regarding your complaint.
- Maintain records regarding your complaint.
- Provide support to access translation, advocacy, or other support services where appropriate.
- Report any breaches of legislation to the relevant authority.
Some complaints can be resolved on the spot; however, others may require an investigation which can take time.
Community Based Support will endeavour to resolve complaints as soon as we can, and keep you informed of the progress.
- Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission
Phone: 1800 951 822 | Web: agedcarequality.gov.au/making-complaint/lodge-complaint
- NDIS Commission
Phone: 1800 035 544 | Web: ndiscommission.gov.au/about/complaints
- Speak Out Association Tasmania – Disability Advocacy
Phone: 03 6108 2188 | Web: speakoutadvocacy.org
- Advocacy Tasmania
Phone: 1800 005 131 | Web: advocacytasmania.org.au
Updated July 2023, next review July 2025