Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports people who are frail aged or have disability by providing the best quality support services across Tasmania.
An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated and enthusiastic person to join the Corporate Support Team as the IT Services Support Coordinator.
The successful applicant will assist CBS to improve the lives of its clients through the development and implementation of modern and progressive information technology. This includes:
- Systems Administration, providing internal help-desk services with a focus on training end users to become self sufficient;
- Development and implementation of IT and business system strategies to ensure our ICT is client focused and fit for purpose;
- The management of external service providers and vendors’ contracts;
- Managing, training and then providing ongoing internal support in mobile technology;
- Researching emerging technologies for the business to better meet the needs of our clients and employees.
The successful applicant must have relevant experience, be able to show initiative and work independently as well as part of a team. Excellent problem solving skills and the ability to take ownership of tasks and processes are essential.
An attractive salary, including the option to participate in salary packaging and other benefits will be offered to the successful applicant. Flexible working hours may be available, and some after hours and weekend work will be required. The position is based at our Head Office in Moonah with some intrastate travel required.
Applicants must have a current drivers licence, and agree to a National Police Check before commencement of employment.
Click here to download the position description, which includes the selection criteria. If you have any further queries, please contact Geoff Williamson, Acting General Manager Corporate Support, on 03 6208 6600.
This role is for permanent residents of Australia only. Applications containing a covering letter and resume, should be emailed to email@example.com.
Applications for this position close at 5pm on Friday 18th January 2019.
Community Based Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer.