Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports people who are frail aged or have disability to live the life they choose while living in their home for as long as possible.
We dedicate our time to ensuring our client’s quality of life is enhanced by providing the best quality support services to people to maximise their independence.
The support we provide is tailored to individual needs and focuses on finding solutions that best suit the person, just like we do with our own families.
Our values and behaviours are in line with: safety, customer service, authenticity, inquisitiveness, unity and diversity
The role of ICT Support Officer includes:
- Being the Systems Administrator for our main line business software
- Maintaining hardware and software at all CBS owned properties
- Assist with implementing IT and business system strategies
- Manage external service provider and vendor contracts
- Train and support mobile technology
- Provide help desk services for business systems including training end users to become self-sufficient
- Provide technical support and assistance for all incoming queries and issues relating to ICT systems
- Maintain the daily performance of computer systems
The type of person we are looking for will be client focused and whose values align with those of the Organisation. You will be proactive, flexible and up for a challenge.
If you have any questions about the role you can contact Mark Wild General Manager Corporate Services on 03 6208 6600 or vial email email@example.com. If you would like to request a copy of the Position Description please contact Emily at HR@cbsaust.org.au.
Applications which include a covering letter detailing how you fit our organisation and meet the requirements of the role, and a copy of your current resume, should be emailed to Emily at HR@cbsaust.org.au. Applications close 9am Monday 20th January 2020 however interviews will be offered to candidates as applications are received, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Applications which do not include a cover letter will not be considered.
Community Based Support is an Equal Opportunity Employer.