Social Hubs Chef
- Well-established Tasmanian owned and operated not for profit organisation
- Flexible hours
- Passionate team committed to maximising client independence
Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports people who are frail, aged or have disability to live the life they choose while living in their home for as long as possible. We dedicate our time to ensuring our client’s quality of life is enhanced by providing the best quality support services to people to maximise their independence. The support we provide is tailored to individual needs and focuses on finding solutions that best suit the person, just like we do with our own families.
About the Role
We are looking for a Part Time Experienced Cook or Chef to join our team.
The role involves working autonomously to prepare, cook and package main meals and desserts for delivery to our clients as part of our Meal Delivery Service and cook lunch meals for our clients within our Social Hubs.
Your experience of preparing healthy, nutritious meals will help to enhance the service delivery to our clients living independently in their own homes.
The key responsibilities of this position include:
- Support the health and wellbeing of our clients by planning, preparing and cooking nutritious meals for 70+ clients per day
- Provide in-hub meals for our social hub clients
- Ensure meals are packaged at a consistent and high level, maintained through standard recipe and portion control
- Develop the seasonal menu in consultation with the Hubs Manager
- Order food supplies in accordance with approved budgets
- Maintain the kitchen and food safety legislation in compliance with Local Government and Tasmanian Health Regulations
- Maintaining cleanliness of food preparation and storage areas
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent)
- Current I’m Alert Food Safety Certificate
- Up to date knowledge of food regulations and record keeping
- Work well autonomously with limited direction
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
This position is offered at permanent part time, 20 hours per week.
Previous applicants need not apply.
For further information or to obtain a copy of the position description, please contact Zoey Keleher via email email@example.com or on 03 6208 6600