Community Based Support (CBS) is a not for profit, Tasmanian organisation that supports people who are frail, aged or have a disability to live the life they choose while living in their home for as long as possible. We dedicate our time to ensuring our client’s quality of life is enhanced by providing the best quality support services to people to maximise their independence. The support we provide is tailored to individual needs and focuses on finding solutions that best suit the person, just like we do with our own families.
We are seeking a suitably qualified Carpenter/Builder to join our Aged Care Services team based in Moonah as soon as possible. Working closely with our Coordinators and Aged Care Services Team, the successful candidate will be responsible for producing high quality work in the form of manufacture and home modifications.
The successful candidate will have a ‘can-do’ attitude and will be committed to assisting our clients to maintain their independence with the goal of keeping them living at home for as long as it is safe to do so.
Qualification, Licenses and registrations:
- A minimum Certificate III in Carpentry or relevant qualifications and/or experience;
- Previous experience in fitout and maintenance positions (desirable);
- Proven experience working independently in clients’ homes without supervision;
- Current Working with Vulnerable People Registration and National Police Check (or ability to obtain);
- Current Workplace Level II First Aid Certificate.
- A current manual driver’s license
What’s in it for you?
- Be part of the change and join the organisation at a time when the business is evolving and looking at a fresh, new approach.
- Know that you will be able to bring about incredible change in the lives of the elderly
- Enjoy a generous salary package with Not for Profit salary sacrificing benefits
Community Based Support Tasmania
Phone: 1300 227 827
24 Sunderland Street, Moonah.