What you need to join CBS as a support worker
A role as a support worker is really rewarding for those that value caring for people who need some extra support to live life the way they choose. To make sure we take the best care of our clients, it is important that our team of support staff are well equipped.
Here are some of the things we need from you to get you started.
- Certificate III in Individual Support, Disability, Aged Care or other relevant qualification
- A current National Schedule 1 Police Check
- A current Tasmanian Working with Vulnerable People registration
- A current full Tasmanian C class drivers licence and your own reliable, insured transport
- You’ll need to be medically fit as these roles require manual handling
- A current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Current proof of work rights / visa
- COVID-19 and flu vaccinations
Go for it: Jessica's CBS journey
"I wouldn't be where I am without that certificate. Go for it, you can do anything you want."Read Jessica's story here