A career with CBS
We are always on the lookout for motivated, values driven people who want to make a difference in the lives of others. The nature of our industry means there is a diverse range of roles available based in the field working directly with clients or behind the scenes in the main offices.
So much of our life is spent working so we aim to make it a positive and balanced experience for you. Some of the benefits of a career with CBS are:
- Healthy work life balance and the flexibility of shift work – many of our shifts are well suited to those who don’t mind working different hours. Night shifts and sleep overs, or those shorter shifts that work when you’ve got little ones at school. There is so much more flexibility than the average 9-5 job.
- Salary packaging – this is offered to all staff at CBS and allows you to pay for certain expenses before tax is taken out of your earnings. This reduces the amount of tax you pay and has a great impact on your income. You can also enjoy tax free dining and accommodation with a meal and entertainment card!
- Our Employee Assistance Program supports you and your family if life gets a bit challenging. We provide you with 3 counselling sessions on any matter you wish to explore and it’s all completely confidential.
- Career progression- our diverse organisation means there are a wide variety of roles providing people with the opportunity to try their hat in different areas and really use those transferable skills.
Thank you considering a role with us at Community Based Support.
Please make sure you read the job advertisement carefully and provide us with the information we need to get you to the next stage. We receive lots of applications so making sure yours is spot on will help you to stand out.
Some roles will require you to provide a response to a selection criteria while others, like support worker roles, need only provide a current resume and a cover letter.
Every role with CBS will require you to be able to provide:
- Current satisfactory National Police check (within the last 12 months) and Working with Vulnerable People registration
- Proof of full Covid-19 vaccination status
The job description will provide further requirements specific to the role.
We look forward to your application. Current vacancies (if any) will be listed below.
Coordinator Home Care Packages
Carpenter and Maintenance Technician
Making connections: Emma’s story
“I spend so much time with them at work and I am really lucky to have such positive people around me. I’d say that working at CBS I have made life-long friendships.”Read Emma's story here
Community Based Support are proud to be recognised as an Employer of Choice by the Tasmanian Government for embracing technology and the integration of a new business model for community directed care.
The award noted that ” Many of the employees are field based and isolated. Technology and support systems enable them to stay connected, safe and informed. As a result, staff say they are able to provide higher quality care. Training is delivered in ways that suit staff, career progression and alternative roles are supported through coaching and mentoring. Continuous improvement is really lived in this organisation and passion for the work is evident at all levels.”