Community Based Support Tasmania
More Help At Home
Need More Help?
Community Based Support (CBS) provides a range of services to help frail older people remain connected to their community, stay at home and lead independent lives. Our experienced staff can help to ensure your needs are met by assisting to create an individualised care plan, making your home safer and giving your family comfort in knowing there’s always someone dependable to lend a hand.
Most of these services are funded by the Commonwealth Department of Human Services but can be purchased privately if funding is not available for some reason.
There are two types of government funding available to older people living at home:
1. The Commonwealth Home Support Programme provides entry level help at home to older people who are managing quite well on their own but need some help with common daily tasks like cleaning, showering or shopping.
2. The Home Care Package Program delivers a coordinated package of care to meet more complex care needs. The package provides an allocated amount of funds to allow for more comprehensive support and is tailored to meet the person’s higher, individual needs.
How do I get help?
To make things easier, and provide one entry point for all Australians requiring information and referrals, the Commonwealth Government introduced My Aged Care. All referrals for Commonwealth funded services need to go through My Aged Care.
There are a number of ways this can be done:
1. Call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or refer using this form; or
2. Contact us on 03 6208 6600 and we can help you over the phone, or you may prefer to email us at email@example.com; or
3. Come in to see us and have a chat.
What types of support can I ask for?
CBS is able to help with a wide range of services from house cleaning to installation of rails. A full list is available here.
Government funding may be available to help with the cost of support, however a contribution from you may also be required.
What does it cost?
The cost of home care depends on the support that is required, whether government funding is available to cover some of the costs and your yearly income.
Currently, if you’re receiving a full pension, the Commonwealth Home Support Programme can provide a single visit from just $5.
Costs for a Home Care Package are a little different and consist of a basic daily fee of up to 17.5% of the single basic Aged Pension and an income-tested care fee if your income is over a certain amount. More information about Home Care Package fees can be found here.
Please contact us on 03 6208 6600 if you would like to speak with someone from the Aged Care Team.
To find out the services CBS offers in the area you live in, please click here.
Can I buy these services?
If government funding is not available or extra support is required, CBS offers self-funded support services.
Please contact Tamara Foster, Intake Manager, for an obligation free quote on (03) 6208 6600 or email Tamara directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A full list of CBS service options can be found here.